- Egypt has ruled the news, and I loved this social media solution to the internet censoring… Google engineers have developed a speak-to-Tweet interface
- Scary, but enlightening… a leading expert on why parents kill kids
- Scot McKnight with a discussion near and dear to my heart… the grade inflation problem
- Best way to learn something in the classroom? Practice taking tests…The staggering size of the internet
- The 10 fan-made Apple products we’d love to actually have
- You probably saw this, but uh-oh… Google says Bing just copies them?
- Awesome! Google adds “street views” for museums!
- Biology professors use cloud computing to reach students
- Disposable email accounts? These might come in handy
- 8 regional foods you might not know about
- Just in case this teaching gig dries up
- Bring on the Super Bowl ads
- Speaking of the Super Bowl, it’s really this difficult to put that yellow first-down line on the field?
- And while we’re on football, remember the ugly Pro Bowl game from last weekend that was 42-0 at one point? It still got higher ratings than a World Series game…
- Where the Lakers celebrity fans sit… you know you want to know
- Ed Yong absolutely NAILED it the past two weeks… no, he doesn’t sleep: an interactive timeline of findings on reprogrammed adult cells (iPSCs), Monkey see, monkey facepalm, Can electric volts produce eureka moments?, and last, but not least, Gut bacteria steer the development of the young brain… is he the future of science news?
- Oh wait, here’s another great Ed Yong post on memory consolidation… I think I’ve got them all now
- Alright, this is just ridiculous… I give up
- Quick: who has more genes, you or a water flea?
- And who’s more diverse, you or an orangutan? (genetically speaking, that is)
- On the overuse of antibiotics (all the usual suspects noted) and the selection of antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Trans and saturated fats linked to depression? An oft-repeated phrase in these parts… correlation vs. causation
- Too many teachers ignore evolution… you might too with parental and societal pressure (no, not me)
- Yet another example of horizontal gene transfer in eukaryotes… tree of life be damned
- Yeah, that’s what’s in your belly button
- Alright, my daughter and I will start playing Tecmo Super Bowl and Wii bowling ASAP
- MicroRNA cocktail helps turn skin cells into stem cells
Part 2 coming tomorrow…